Organization: Cultural Diversity Resources (CDR) is a regional diversity initiative and 501(c) 3 not-for profit organization serving the Red River Valley in two counties: Cass and Clay; across two states: North Dakota and Minnesota. Our mission is to build communities that value diversity by serving as an intercultural bridge that strengthens bonds and facilitates understanding among diverse communities. CDR is governed by a professional multicultural board of directors.
Each year, CDR hosts two of the largest diversity events in the region: the annual Regional Diversity Conference with tracks designed for the needs of businesses, educators and the community and; Cultivate Our Cultures – a community wide celebration of the heritage and cultures of the Red River Valley.
Location: Fargo, ND & Moorhead, MN
Address: 303 Roberts St N, Fargo, ND 58102
Primary Supervisor: Yoke Sim Gunaratne, Executive Director
Contact Information: Phone: 701-526-3000 ext 203 or email@example.com
Internship Available: October 2009 – August 2010
Hours Per Week: Hours vary dependent on availability – 10 – 20 hours per week
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Description: An intern working with Cultural Diversity Resources will experience interactions with individuals from across the world. Through these experiences the intern will gain a real world, working knowledge of the global society and how it works together. A student intern will have the opportunity to engage in:
Event planning –
· Work with the diversity planning committee to complete and / or follow up with tasks delegated
· Research and assist with the identification and selection of topics and presenters
· Work closely with CDR staff, board members and planning committee to identify, research and contact potential conference sponsors when needed
· Assist with the design, publication and distribution of diversity conference materials e.g. program brochure, registration etc.
· Assist with the publicity, promotion and marketing of the diversity conference
Cultivate Our Cultures:
· Research the best ideas and techniques for the planning and implementation of Cultivate Our Cultures event in partnership with the Fargo Park District
· Assist the planning committee with all aspects of making this partnership successful with any needed research, contacts and follow-ups
· Identify, recruit and coordinate ethnic individuals or groups for cultural performances, children’s activities and ethnic foods
· Collaborate and assist with the design, publication and distribution of event materials.
· Assist with the publicity, promotion and marketing of the event
Able to multitask and meet deadlines
Interested in working with diverse people
Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, email and Internet research
Application process: Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the above address by September 25, 2009.