Thursday, September 17, 2009

MN Headhunter - So Tell Me About Yourself (STOP! It's A Trick Question)

Check out the MN Headhunter blog on a regular basis - http://www.mnheadhunter.com/mh/- the blog offers very valuable information about interviews, resumes, etc for a job search. Subscribe to its RSS Feed or follow him on twitter.

The latest blog - http://www.mnheadhunter.com/mh/2009/09/so-tell-me-about-yourself---stop-its-a-trick-question.html- shows how a job searcher should answer the question "Tell me about yourself" in an interview.

Most important information in the blog:

"I once had an interviewer start of with the ‘So tell me’ question. Knowing what I know, I kept it strictly professional. I said I graduated from XYZ University with a Bachelors of Science in Communications and started my career in Recruiting with a National Staffing Agency, I progressed through the ranks, then moved on to a better opportunity with ABC Corp. I have been with them 6 years and am now seeking a more challenging role as the Human Resources Manager for LMN Inc. See how I kept it purely about my career progression? This is the proper way to answer the question."

If you like this post and would like me to keep posting questions and their answers, please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment