Midwest Home is the Twin Cities premier shelter magazine. We cover the area's best-designed homes and landscapes, the people who live in them, and the designers who create them. Our award-winning pages inspire and inform our 50,000 subscribers with the latest ideas for designing, building, decorating and furnishing their homes.
Schedule: flexible/ part-time
Location: downtown Minneapolis
Position Detail:As an intern at Midwest Home, you participate in the full production of a bi-monthly magazine from idea pitch to photo shoot to final page tweaks. You may be asked to:
* Conduct fact-checking and/or research for staff- or freelance-written articles.
* Blog about upcoming events, new products, and design news on mhmag.com.
* Find and/or add events to the magazine or website.
* Contact public relations agencies and manufacturers about products or photos.
* Source products with retailers and/or online sites.
* Compile the comps list (complimentary copies to contributors), and submit it to the fulfillment coordinator by deadline.
* Other administrative tasks.
Interns are expected to work 15 to 20 hours per week for a period of three to four months. Typically, the internships, which are unpaid, begin in January, May/June, and September. Applications are accepted year-round.
Inquiries and applications:
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and writing samples.
Chris Lee US Trust Building 730 Second Ave. So. Suite 600 Minneapolis , MN 55402 E-mail: email@example.com